In this article, I will discuss about the low tuition universities in Qatar, tuition fees, admission requirements, application process, student visa, cost of living, etc. Qatar is a country located in western Asia.
It has a very hot, arid climate with little rainfall and high temperatures all year round. The main summer months run between June and September, when temperatures can regularly get above 40°C. Qatar is known for its sandstorms, which are most common between March and August. The currency of Qatar is the Qatari riyal.
We can assist you process admission & visa to study in low tuition universities. Call us on: +2349060294376 for more information
International students wishing to study in Qatar must satisfy certain academic requirements. It is very important for students to visit the University of their Choice’s Website for specific information.
Applicants who have obtained a Bachelor or graduate degree from an institution recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education in their home country and that of the State of Qatar are qualified for admission to a graduate degree program at Qatar University.
Below are the general admission requirements for international students
For Undergraduate studies:
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Complete online application
- Final, official and certified high school transcript
- Health Certificate issued inside Qatar (International students please refer to International Students Website)
- Duplicate copy of the applicant’s Qatar ID card (Non-Qatari applicants must also provide a copy of their passport; international students please refer to International Students website)
- Two (2) recent identical passport size photographs (size 4 x 6 cm) with white background
- Applicants official test reports to Colleges that require Foundation Program (if available) to be submitted to the Foundation Program Testing Centre in order to be exempted from the Foundation Program.
For Master’s studies:
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Complete Online Admissions Application
- Final and official university transcript satisfying the degree and cumulative GPA requirements of the intended program
- Satisfy QU’s English Proficiency requirement (and submit evidence to the Admissions Department)
- Health Certificate
- Photocopy of the applicant’s Qatar ID card
- Non-Qatari applicants must also provide a copy of their passport
- Two recent, identical passport-size photographs with white background
For PhD. studies:
A good Masters Degree result is required.
In Qatar, individual universities and colleges set their tuition fees. Thus, a student is recommended to check out this on the university’s web page. Both locals and international students pay the same fees. With the full price of about 72,100 QR per semester that is approximately US$19,800.
Some universities charge fees based on ‘credit hour’, and having around 12 credit hours on each semester. For instance, Qatar University, undergraduate program cost 1000 QR which is equivalent to $365.00 per credit hour.
Scholarship opportunities are offered to some selected applicants from outside Qatar to pursue undergraduate programs. These applicants may be nominated by their embassies or can apply directly to the university.
Cost of Living in Qatar as an international student
Cost of living in Qatar is high just as what we have in top study abroad countries like Uk, Australia or USA. It also, depends on a student’s spending habit and lifestyle.
Staying in the minor cities can bring down the living cost. Qatar is a rapidly developing country, which welcomes dozens of new expats and international students each day.
Due to the widespread import of food basic foodstuffs can also be fairly expensive. As given by the Numbeo statistics, you can expect to pay $6 for a McDonalds meal, $11 for a domestic or imported beer, $1.5 for a loaf of bread.
To study in Qatar, you’ll need to get a student visa. Your visa will be issued by a sponsor – normally your university – and you will need to apply well in advance of entering the country. The documents below are generally required for your visa application.
- You have a confirmed place on a course at a recognized education institution
- You have paid all relevant visa fees
- A medical certificate detailing your health from a licensed practitioner
- A covering letter from your sponsor explaining the course
Low Tuition Universities in Qatar
- Hamad bin Khalifa University
- Qatar University
- Community College of Qatar
- Qatar Aeronautical College
- University Foundation College
Foreign university campuses
- Academic Bridge Programme
- Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar
- College of North Atlantic Qatar
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar
- HEC Paris
- Northwestern University in Qatar
- Stenden University Qatar
- Syscoms Institute
- Texas A&M University at Qatar
- University College London Qatar
- University of Calgary Qatar
- Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar
- Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar